The Isle of Jura distillery is nestled on Jura Island, just to the east of Islay on Scotland's west coast. It is here that the legendary Jura Scotch Whiskies are created in isolation and nurtured to optimum maturation before venturing out to meet a grateful world. Isle of Jura 16YO is the preferred whisky of the people of Jura. The 16 Year Old is a subtle malt with an unassuming and understated yet intriguing character. Jura 16YO is rich and full-bodied with hints of citrus fruit and toffee alongside the characteristic west coast peatiness and salty freshness.
- 90.5 Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- Category Winner - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2017
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2016
"Salty, coastal, seaweedy, but with an injection of honey; carries on from the nose perfectly and then ups the stakes. The delivery is malt dependent and rich, the salty tang a true delight; all kinds of vanillas and honeys carried on a salty wind" - Jim Murray
Tasting Note: Fragrant, piney nose with, a hint of the sea. Light but firm body. Lightly oily, creamy, malt background on the palate. Delicate sweetness and salt to the finish.
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky
- 16 Year Old
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom