Ballantine's 17 Year Old is a classic Scotch Whisky, blended since the 1930's. With a secret and unchanged recipe, Ballantine's has worked hard to establish itself as one of the best Scotch brands globally and is the best-selling Scottish Whisky across Europe. Indeed, the Ballantine's range of blended Scotch Whiskies has gained the highest number of awards for its category in international spirit competitions. Ballantine's 17 Year Old is THE blended whisky to convert single malt enthusiasts, with its masterfully meticulous blend of the finest malts creating a unique, complex and well-structured malt whisky.
- 97.5 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019, 2018
- Scotch Blend of the Year - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award 2019
- Best Blended Scotch 13-18 years Old Rated
- Gold Medal - Deluxe Blended Scotch 17-18YO - International Wine & Spirit Competition (ISWC) 2017
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
"Blends are seen by many as the poor relations to single malts. Ballantine’s 17 proves, quite spectacularly, what many of us have known for a great many years: it isn’t. A blender has the chance to create something unique and quite beautiful by putting together many whisky styles. With Ballantine’s 17, the blender has done his job in glorious, quite majestic fashion." - Jim Murray
Tasting Note: Deep, balanced and elegant with hints of oak, smoke and vanilla. Full, complex vibrant honey sweetness and creamy vanilla flavours with hints of oak and peat smoke. Long, lightly smoky finish with vanilla and finally a hint of salt.
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Multi Region
- Scotch Whisky
- 17 Year Old
- Container Type: