This is a GoodDrop Fresh Drop… meaning we have bought an extremely limited stock of this item which will not be replenished once sold out. Get in quick if you want to try this sought-after Taiwanese single malt whisky.
Kavalan Sherry Oak uses the same casks that are normally reserved for the cask-strength Solist releases, but diluted to 46% using Kavalan spring water. Fully matured in hand selected Spanish Oloroso sherry casks this is a clean and complex single malt with multiple layers of dried fruit, nuttiness, spices and hints of marzipan and vanilla. This is an easy to drink single malt to share with family and friends.
Pair with a perfectly cooked steak or dessert.
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2015
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2014
- Platinum Medal - Beverage Tasting Institute 2014
- Gold Medal - Beverage Tasting Institute 2013
Kavalan ages its whisky in the hot and humid climate of Yilan, Taiwan. This subtropical environment accelerates the maturation of the spirit, ensuring a richer, more complex drop in terms of body and flavour. Kavalan refer to this unique ripening process as Maturity Redefined which creates the signature character and style of their whisky.
Tasting Note: Deep mahogany. Clean and complex with layers of dried fruit, nuttiness and spices with some marzipan and vanilla touches. Rich, oily and full on the palate with dried fruit and spices that linger on the mouth plus a hint of fine coffee.
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- Taiwan, Province of China
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Taiwanese Whisky