This is a GoodDrop Fresh Drop… meaning we have bought an extremely limited stock holding of this item which will not be replenished once sold out. Get in quick if you want to try this normally travel retail exclusive single malt.
Laphroaig PX Cask is made with whisky matured in three types of casks – American oak casks, Quarter casks and Pedro Ximénez casks. Pedro Ximénez (also known as PX) is the name of a white Spanish wine grape variety grown in several Spanish wine regions but most notably in the Denominación de Origen (DO) of Montilla-Moriles.
The result is a complex Laphroaig, with the character of each type of barrel detectable in the final flavours, including a gentle but unmistakable sweetness. Laphroaig is usually very peaty and smoky in nature, but the finish in both American Oak Casks and PX casks give the dram a new depth and much more complexity in the flavour profile. One of the richest, freshest peated whiskies ever made.
- 96 Points – Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2019, 2018
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2016
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2015
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2014
Tasting Note: Antique gold colour. Sherry aroma of sweet sultanas and raisins with a hint of sweet liquorice. An intense and profound depth. Peat,oak and a sweeter heavy sherry flavour on the palate. Concentrated peat and thick sherried oak with a deep dryness.
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky
- No Age Statement