Johnnie Walker Double Black is a highly anticipated new blended Scotch Whisky label from the most widely enjoyed whisky producers in the world. The aim of Johnnie Walker Double Black's creation was to create an 'amplified version' of the much loved Black Label. To achieve this end, the Master Distiller used peaty West Coast whiskies to emphasise the trademark smoky elements that have made Johnnie Walker whiskies so famous.
Aimed at drinkers who are keen to explore the Johnnie Walker character in more depth, the Double Black offers intense nuances through the involvement of heavily peated malt whiskies, and some that have been aged in deeply charred oak casks. By reaching deep into some of the House of Walker's most distinctive and unparalleled single malts reserves, Double Black emerges as a powerful whisky that stands tall when placed shoulder to shoulder against its other blends and stands apart from all other whiskies on the market.
- Silver Medal: 91 Points - International Wine & Spirits Competition 2019, 2017
- 94.5 Points Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2019
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award - Jim Murray 2019
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2019
- Gold Medal - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2018
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISP) 2015
"Double tops! Rolling along the taste buds like distant thunder, this is a welcome and impressive addition to the Johnnie Walker stable. Perhaps not as complete and rounded as the original Johnnie Walker Black, but then, what is?"- Jim Murray.
Tasting Note: Brine, pepper, barbecue smoke, sherry aroma. Grain notes upfront, then sweetness and sugar, with smoke entering later along with barbeque notes for a nicely balanced, well combined palate. Lingering, smoky finish that is rich and intense.
- Multi Region
- Scotch Whisky
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %: