Glenmorangie Tayne captures the tale of a shipwreck of a 16th Century Spanish Galleon sitting just offshore the Glenmorangie Distillery. Once loaded with treasure, it is one of many ships lost when the Spanish Armada fled from the English Navy around the Scottish coast.
The Tayne single malt whisky is something of a Spanish treasure itself, having been aged in carefully selected Amontillado Sherry casks, a rarely seen finish in the world of whisky.
This is a GoodDrop Fresh Drop, meaning we have extremely limited stock which won’t be replenished once sold out. Get in quick if you want to try this Travel Retail exclusive Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
“A curious early combination between butterscotch and Werther's Original candy. The malt - topped with a splash of double cream - in the centre ground, though, is the star showing”, Jim Murray”
- 87.5 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirit Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- Finalist (F): 95 Points - Ultimate Spirit Competition 2019
- Silver Medal - International Spirit Challenge 2019
- Master - Travel Retails Spirits Masters 2018
- Gold Medal – International Spirits Competition (ISC) 2018
- Silver Medal – International World Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2018
Tasting Note: Nose with hints of rose and roasting chestnuts, caramel and toffee, sweet apricots. Muscovado sugar, coffee and chocolate coated raisins. Oily warming texture with toffee, brown sugar, tropical fruits and a gentle Brazilian nut flavour. Long finish.
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky