This is a GoodDrop Fresh Drop… meaning we have bought an extremely limited stockholding of this item which will not be replenished once sold out so get in quick if you want to try this limited edition, normally duty free exclusive single malt.
At the center of the Royal Burgh of Tain, Ross-shire, in the far north of Scotland where the Glenmorangie Distillery has stood proudly since 1843, lies the resting place of St Duthac. During the Middle Ages, the legends of his workings drew travellers from far and wide on pilgrimages to the ancient burgh.
A whisky fit for a King, this expression honours the annual pilgrimage made by King James IV to the shrine of St Duthac in Tain, and is part of Glenmorangie Legends – a collection of single malt whiskies exclusive to Travel Retail, inspired by the legendary lands that have been home to the Glenmorangie Distillery.
Part finished in Pemino Ximénez Sherry (PX) and virgin oak casks before being bottled at 43% ABV. Director of Distilling and Whisky Creation Dr Bill Lumsden explained: “The paradox of flavours will take malt whisky enthusiasts on a journey of the senses through rich, dark notes of milk chocolate, toffee, Brazil nuts and spice, into the delicate sweetness of vanilla, apricots in cream and marzipan.”
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- Finalist (F): 96 Points - Ultimate Spirits Competition (USC) 2019
- 91.5 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- Bronze Medal - World Whiskies Awards (WWA) 2018
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Gold Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - World Whiskies Awards (WWA) 2016
Tasting Note: Pear, toffee apple, brazil nuts with an underlying spicy note, some toasty oak. Mouth-filling flavours of milk chocolate, toffee, brazil nuts, leather and some aniseed. Hints of ginger and clove. vanilla, apricots in cream and some almond marzipan.
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky