Did you know, when whisky production is done at a higher altitudes, the lower boiling point helps producers easily separate the spirit from undesirable chemical congeners? This results in a silkier, smoother-textured whisky, far more suitable for pairing, and expands the whisky’s natural aromas for better food pairing.
We LOVE Kensei Japanese Whisky, which is basically perfection when served with Camembert cheese. Try this recipe & we'll see you in heaven.
- Wheel of Camembert Cheese
- 2 figs
- 4 tablespoons fruit jam
- 3 tablespoons chopped whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400° and have ready a greased, small baking dish.
- Spoon the jam spread across the Camembert and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds across the top, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly, top with figs, and serve.