Mellow mahogany. Classic Bowmore smokiness, perfectly tempered with creamy caramel, chocolate and ripe fruit aromas Beautiful soft fruit and chocolate balanced with a light smokiness - incredibly complex. Long and wonderfully balanced finish."Amazingly complex offering notes of caramel, wild flowers, malt, peat smoke, and dried fruits. Luxuriously textured being wonderfully viscous while vibrant and never cloying as the rich fruit and decadent sweet malt notes evolve to spice and smoke with toasted grains. An absolute gem!" - Ultimate Beverage Challenge
A popular expression in Bowmore's ongoing range, the Bowmore Islay 18 year old single malt Scotch Whisky was launched in January of 2007 to replace the 17 year old. A perfumed, fruity offering from the Islay distillery. Cosseted away in the finest, hand-selected oak casks and allowed to mature at its own sedate pace, this is one of the most remarkable, perfectly balanced malts of its kind. One of the distilleries rarest most exceptional bottlings, the stocks of Bowmore 18 Years Old may be limited but there's no end to its enjoyment.
Founded over two centuries ago in 1779, Bowmore is the first recorded distillery on Islay and one of the oldest in the whole of Scotland. Islay malts are renowned for their peaty smokiness and Bowmore is no exception. They carefully smoke their malt in a peat-fired kiln, just as their ancestors did over 200 years ago.
- Gold Outstanding Medal: 98 Points - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2019
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2018
- Gold Medal - Distillers Single Malt Scotch Islay 15YO & younger - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2018
- Gold Outstanding Medal - Islay Single Malt Scotch 15-18YO Cask Strength - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017, 2016
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- 96 Points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2015
- Scotch Whisky
- Single Malt
- United Kingdom
- 700 ML
- Alcohol %:
- 18 Year Old