The boldest of the West Winds fleet, The Broadside is a Navy Strength (58%) gin, made to honour the most brazen, aggressive and fearless of naval war tactics where warships released a close-range barrage of firepower from every gun along one side of the hull. This Navy Strength gin is as bold as this manoeuvre.
Its intensity of flavour comes from the delicious Sea Parsley seasoned with Margaret River sea salt. The Broadside Gin was likely the first spirit in the world to incorporate filtered seawater. The Broadside’s higher alcohol percentage amplifies the aroma of the botanicals and is a perfect example of what high proof spirits can offer.
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2019
- Gold Medal – The World Gin Masters Asia 2018
- Gold - Asia International Spirits Competition 2017
- Champion Gin & Gold Medal Navy Strength category - Australian Distilled Spirit Awards (ADSA) 2017
- Double Gold - San Francisco Spirits Competition 2017
- Bronze Medal Navy Strength and New World category - Australian Distilled Spirits Awards (ADSA) 2016
DIRTY MARTINI FOR THE SALTY DOG
- Measure 60ml The Broadside with 10ml Dry Vermouth and 10ml olive brine (more or less depending on your taste) into your mixing glass.
- Prepare a set of three Sicilian olives in a toothpick for your garnish.
- Stir your Martini to bring it down to appropriate dilution, it’s your call.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add garnish and you’re ready to set sail.
Tasting Note: Beguiling and distinctive sea parsley seasoned with Margaret River sea salt. Utilising umami and mouth feel taste sensations, it is up there with salty caramel and is the churros of drinking.
- Container Type:
- Alcohol %:
- Margaret River
- Dry Gin