Fruity, fresh and crisp. Saint-Louis is a fine sparkling Blanc de Blancs produced in France and pays tribute to King Saint Louis IX, who reigned over France in the middle ages. His reign saw the annexation of the Loire and Provence with the royal domain so favouring the development of districts, wine producing regions.
Saint-Louis Blanc de Blancs is an outstanding example of fine, French Sparkling â€“ a beautiful, lightly sparkling white wine, made in an authentic French aperitif style. Made with a blend of Airen and Ugni Blanc grapes, this sparkling represents pure luxury without the price tag. Intense and beautifully perfumed, this elegant Blanc de Blancs is driven by a bouquet of exotic fruits. Perfectly well balanced, it has a refreshing finish. Enjoyable anytime, it is perfect for celebrating the joy of living.
- Grape Varieties: Airen, Ugni Blanc
- Soil: Schist, chalk and clay
- Climate: Mediterranean, very windy with high temperatures and exceptional sun
- Vinification: Crushing and pressing of the grapes â€“ controlled alcoholic fermentation at low temperatures - second fermentation in vats - Fining and bottling
- Food Matches: Ideal as an aperitif, perfect with canapÃ©s and white fruits desserts. Serve chilled, between 5Â°C and 6Â°C
Tasting Note: White gold colour. Fine and persistent foam. Fruity, delicate nose with aromas of peach, apple, pear. When agitated flattering notes of acacia appear. Fresh and lively, round on the middle palate. The aftertaste is long with fruity and floral notes.
- Non Vintage
- Container Type:
- Alcohol %:
- Multi Region
- Sparkling White
- Chardonnay Pinot Noir