Laphroaig 10 Year Old is drenched in a long, rich history, hailing from an estate with a reputation for producing some of the finest single malt whiskies in the world. Produced in distilleries on Scotland's Islay Island, the exact origins of the Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky 10 Year Old are not precisely known due to the illegality of whisky in the past, but it is believed to have started out in the early 1880's as a Johnston family endeavour.
Since then Laphroaig has accomplished many things. In 1954 it was one of the first distilleries to be owned and run by a woman, in 1994 Prince Charles hand-delivered it a Royal Warrant, and throughout its entire history, with particular respect to this 10 Year Old, it has been recognised as one of the finest single malts in the world. Incorporating the use of used American Bourbon casks for whisky maturation has also given the Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky 10 Year Old its distinct and rich flavour.
- Gold Medal: 95 Points - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2019
- 90 Points - Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2019, 2018
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019, 2017
- Silver Medal - SIP Awards 2019
- Gold Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2018
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISP) 2017
Tasting Note: Golden amber. Blue peat smoke and earthy qualities. Sweet nut, oak, barley, iodine and pear-fruit. Peat is complemented by sweet, malty, and barely-there-vanilla. Divinely long and peaty, with suggestions of vanilla and an oaky dryness.
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky
- 10 Year Old
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %: