Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky 16 Year Old hails from a world of its own; a world of whisky making traditions and premium quality. Produced at the Islay Lagavulin Distillery, this single malt whisky has acquired a distinct sea-inspired freshness, granting supreme quality and standing as one the most divine Scottish Whiskies in history. One of the oldest distilleries in Scotland, Lagavulin is thought to have been erected as a series of 2 distilleries in 1816.
In the world of malt Scotches, Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky 16 Year Old has performed extremely well, notably being awarded Double Gold across multiple consecutive years at the San Francisco World Spirit Competition.
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Spirits Competition 2019
- Finalist, Great Value, Tried & true - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2019
- Gold Medal Best Scottish Single Malt 13-20 Years - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2019
- 95 Points - Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2019, 2018
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award - Jim Murray 2019
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013-2018
- Double Gold Medal - SIP Awards 2018
- Gold Medal - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2017
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Best Islay Single Malt - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2016
- Platinum Medal - SIP Awards 2015
- 94 Points Medal - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2015
- Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISP) 2015
Tasting Note: Deep amber gold. Elements of peat and smoke are complemented by touches of seaweed. Robust and full with exceptional balance, smoothness, slightly sweet quality and dryness. Long and peaty, with pleasing salt and seaweed qualities.
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky
- 16 Year Old
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom