The new addition of the Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve into the Johnnie Walker family is marked by the removal of the 15 Year Old Green Label and the 18 Year Old Platinum Label. Unlike its older siblings which are nearing extinction with each bottle that is enjoyed, the new baby of the family has no age statement and is thus the "Gold Label Reserve".
It is stated on the box that the Master Blender, Jim Beveridge, “hand-picked his favoured whiskies, including casks of Clynelish malt whisky – whose water source flows from the Kildonan Hills, where gold was discovered in 1868”. The character of Clynelish shines through in this whisky, but Johnnie Walker have produced something that stands apart from its ingredients.
The newly formulated Gold Label Reserve has around 20-25 different malts and 2-3 grain whiskies in its creation and took about 4 months to develop. The ‘Reserve’ aspect apparently refers to a proportion of casks earmarked for greatness, held in their vast warehousing complexes.
- 91.5 Points Jim Murray Whisky Bible 2017 - "Moments of true star quality here, but the finish could do with a polish."
- Category Winner - World Whiskies Awards (WWA) 2018
- Gold Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISP) 2015
Tasting Note: Opens with aromas of honey, heather and thick caramel notes. Smooth and succulent on the palate with a honeyed sweetness. The floral elements are quite prominent. The finish is long and sweet.
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Multi Region
- Scotch Whisky