Jim Beam Black Label is a premium bourbon whiskey and a richer and mellower version of the Jim Beam White Label. Enjoying a highly acclaimed reputation as one of the finest prestige American Bourbon Whiskeys available, Black Label was awarded a score of 93 by the Beverage Testing Institute for its overall nose, depth of flavour and finish. These characteristics owe thanks to the time-honoured process of double ageing in new charred, white oak barrels for six years. This is a few years longer than the original Jim Beam Bourbon, and the difference the extra years make is markedly noticeable. A full bodied and refined bourbon whiskey with smooth caramel and warm oak notes, this delicate, ultra-smooth bourbon is designed for slow sipping; an indulgence to savour on cold evenings.
- Bronze Medal: 89 Points - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2019
- Platinum Medal & Consumers Choice Award - SIP Awards 2019
- Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISC) 2019
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019
- 91 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible Award 2019 "Rather than the big, noisy, thrill seeking JB Black, here it is in quiet, reflective, sophisticated mode. Quite a shift. But no less enjoyable".
Tasting Note: Deep amber. Smooth, medium-bodied palate with vanilla and toasty oak notes. Heavier caramel, well balanced, rich texture. Long, lingering, spicy fade that reveals a nice charred oak quality.
- Container Type:
- United States
- Alcohol %:
- United States
- American Whiskey