Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or is a mature and captivating single malt whisky from the venerated Glenmorangie Distillery. One of the first Scotch distilleries to use ex-bourbon barrels to age whisky rather than Spanish oak, Glenmorangie continues their foray into potential new realms for Scottish Whiskies in their formulation of Nectar D'Or. With a tradition stretching back to 1843, Glenmorangie have enacted their proven distilling mastery by ageing the whisky for 10 years in ex-bourbon casks and then finishing in Sauternes wine casks. This extra maturation gifts Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or with a sweeter, white wine, grape character that has received international acclaim.
- Silver Medal: 93 Points - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2019
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019, 2018, 2017
- Silver Medal - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2019
- Rated 94 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award - Jim Murray 2019
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- Tried & True (T&T): 94 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USC) 2019
- Double Gold - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2017
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
"Great to see French casks that actually complement a whisky - so rare! This has replaced the Madeira finish. But there are some similar sweet-fruit characteristics", Jim Murray.
Tasting Note: Honeyed gold. Ginger, nutmeg and toasted almonds interwoven with a syrupy lemon meringue and honeycomb middle.
- 12 Year Old
- Scotch Whisky
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt