Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or is a mature and captivating single malt whisky from the venerated Glenmorangie Distillery. With a distinguished history of innovation, including being one of the first Scotch distilleries to use ex-bourbon barrels to age whisky rather than Spanish oak, Glenmorangie can claim credit for extending and diversifying the palate of Scottish Whisky. Glenmorangie continues their foray into potential new realms for Scottish Whiskies in their formulation of Nectar D'Or. With a tradition stretching back to 1843, Glenmorangie have enacted their proven distilling mastery by ageing the whisky for 10 years in ex-bourbon casks and then finishing in Sauternes wine casks. This extra maturation gifts Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or with a sweeter, white wine, grape character that has received international acclaim.
- Silver Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- Silver Medal - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2019
- Rated 94 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award - Jim Murray 2019
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019, 2016
- Tried & True (T&T): 94 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge (USC) 2019
- Double Gold - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2017
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017
"Great to see French casks that actually complement a whisky - so rare! This has replaced the Madeira finish. But there are some similar sweet-fruit characteristics", Jim Murray.
Tasting Note: Honeyed gold. Ginger, nutmeg and toasted almonds interwoven with a syrupy lemon meringue and honeycomb middle.
- 12 Year Old
- Scotch Whisky
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt