The Glenlivet 18 Year Old is a distinguished single malt Scotch Whisky from the consistently superb Glenlivet Distillery. Selling 6 million bottles every year, The Glenlivet is the world's second most popular premium malt whisky. The first legally licenced distillery, George Smith founded The Glenlivet in 1824 on landscape he recognised as ideally suited for the production of quality Scottish Whisky. The subsequent creation of the Glenlivet 18 is testament to original distillers' mastery, and serves as Smith's legacy embodied in an equally respectable dram.
Crucially, The Glenlivet of today remains unchanged from the day of its inception some two hundred years ago, with the three fundamental elements in the whisky-making process - spring water, copper stills and oak casks - remaining operational and in their original states to deliver the exquisite Glenlivet 18 Year Old.
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2019
- 91 Points – Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2019, 2018 "Appears to have thrown off its old shackles and offers up an intensity that leaves you giving a little groan of pleasure."
- Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2017
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (ISC) 2017
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2016
- Bronze Medal - World Whisky Awards (WWA) 2015
Tasting Note: Old gold. Fragrant, elegant, complex with a sweet oakiness leading to floral fragrances. Toffee notes, butterscotch, mint chocolate and summer fruit pie. Spices and bitter oranges, drying out on oaky notes. Lasting, oaky and gingery. Distant smoke.
- 18 Year Old
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky