Glenfarclas is renowned for producing Single Highland Malt Scotch Whisky in the traditional Speyside style, with a heavy Sherry influence. The Glenfarclas 105 Cask Strength is an exceptional expression of the distillery's style; a great whisky holding all the flavours of all Glenfarclas whiskies in one glass. While bottling at cask strength does dictate that the 105 Cask Strength isn't for the faint of heart, the trademark smoothness of Glenfarclas assuages any trepidation one may have about an overpowering spirit wave typical of lesser cask strength whiskies. It simply does not exist here. A warming and inviting dram, don't be afraid of the strength and add a little water to fully explore the depth and nuances of this enticing and delightful expression.
- Silver Medal - International Spirit Challenge (ISC) 2019
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- 95.5 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019, 2017
- The Whisky Bible Liquid Gold Award 2019
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2017
Tasting Note: Complex, oaky, nose with apples and pears, dark toffee sweetness. Dry and assertive palate, reveals a rich spiciness, combined with a hint of oak and sherried fruit. Amazingly smooth for the strength; warming lingering smokiness, yet very rounded.
- No Age Statement
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky