Ancient buffalo trails led America's first pioneers and explorers westward, and one such trail led them to the banks of the Kentucky River. Bourbon has been made there for generations and the legendary Buffalo Trace has been made there, in their multi-award winning distillery, the same way for over 220 years. Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt, this whiskey ages in new oak barrels for years in century old warehouses until the peak of maturity.
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- Gold - San Francisco World Spirit Awards 2015
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2013
- Rated 94.5 Points - Whisky Bible 2013
- Rated 94 Points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2013
- Double Gold - San Francisco World Spirit Awards 2012
"Big, spicy, classic; firm wheaty spiciness, juicy, thick caramels. Complex" - Jim Murray 2013.
"Delicate and smoky on the nose displaying notes of citrus, cedar, maraschino and a touch of blossom. Very mellow in the mouth and alludes to honey, citrus and maple. Dried fruits play a role as well. The citrus motif carries on into the finish which also prominently features a maple like sweetness. Outstanding." - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2013.
Tasting Note: Outstanding aroma, kicked off by a spicy prickle. Satisfyingly deep, gentle vanilla and molassed with even a sprig of sweet mint. A rip-roaring waxy sweetness checked by a big build up of vanilla-rich oak.
- American Whiskey
- Container Type:
- United States
- Alcohol %:
- United States