Ancient buffalo trails led America's first pioneers and explorers westward, and one such trail led them to the banks of the Kentucky River. Bourbon has been made there for generations and the legendary Buffalo Trace has been made there, in their multi-award winning distillery, the same way for over 220 years. Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt, this whiskey ages in new oak barrels for years in century old warehouses until the peak of maturity.
- Gold Medal: 90 Points - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (LAISC) 2019
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- Rated 94.5 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019
- Double Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2016
- Gold - San Francisco World Spirit Awards (SFWSC) 2015
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) 2013
"Big, spicy, classic; firm wheaty spiciness, juicy, thick caramels. Complex" - Jim Murray 2019.
"Delicate and smoky on the nose displaying notes of citrus, cedar, maraschino and a touch of blossom. Very mellow in the mouth and alludes to honey, citrus and maple. Dried fruits play a role as well. The citrus motif carries on into the finish which also prominently features a maple like sweetness. Outstanding." - Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2013.
Tasting Note: Outstanding aroma, kicked off by a spicy prickle. Satisfyingly deep, gentle vanilla and molassed with even a sprig of sweet mint. A rip-roaring waxy sweetness checked by a big build up of vanilla-rich oak.
- American Whiskey
- Container Type:
- United States
- Alcohol %:
- United States