Bowmore Islay 12 Year Old is a single malt Scotch Whisky from the second oldest distillery in Scotland, dating back to 1779. Proud producers of a highly regarded and broad range of single malt Scottish Whiskies, the Bowmore distillery has gained a reputation for itself as one of the world's best Scotch brands, owing thanks to the smoky Bowmore Islay 12 Year Old Whisky.
With a rigid adherence to time-honoured distilling traditions, the beautifully articulated Bowmore 12 Year Old comes from one of the only distilleries that has continued to malt its own barley and hand-turn it with a traditional wooden malt shovel. The Bowmore Islay 12 Year Old then rests in the distilleries iconoclastic seaside vault in the finest Spanish and American oak casks, maturing to perfection below sea level with the help of the salty, sea-laden air.
- Gold Medal: 95 Points - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2019
- Double Gold Medal - SIP Awards 2019
- Silver Medal - international Spirit Challenge (ISC) 2019
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2019
- 91 Points - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2019, 2017
- Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) 2018
- Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2018
- Silver Outstanding Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2017, 2016
- Gold Medal - International Spirits Challenge (ISC) 2017
- Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
"Light peats, the air of a room with a man sucking cough sweets; sweet pipe smoke; soft, beautiful delivery of multi-layered peats; lots of effervescent spices and molassed sugars...this new bottling carries the Fisherman's Friend cough sweet character, but the coastal, saline properties here are a notch or three up: far more representative of Islay and the old distillery style. Easily by far the truest Bowmore I have tasted in a long while with myriad complexity..such relaxed elegance. Most enjoyable." Jim Murray, Whisky Bible.
"Honeysuckle and lemon zest fill the glass followed by more delicate aromas of smoke, ripe peach and ripe plum. Exquisitely honeyed in the mouth and offering notes of vanilla, smoke, cedar along with subtle flavors of toasted oat and ripe apricot. The finish is wonderfully long and smooth." USC 2013.
Tasting Note: Subtle notes of lemon and honey are bound together with the distinctive Bowmore smokiness. Warm and delicious with subtle dark chocolate and peat smoke. Long and subtle.
- 12 Year Old
- Container Type:
- United Kingdom
- Alcohol %:
- Single Malt
- Scotch Whisky